1. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Our website, [www.emuaustralia.com] (“Website”), and its content are owned and operated by EMU Australia (Canada) Limited, a company registered in the Yukon Territory with registered number 866893308.
We are committed to maintaining the security, confidentiality and privacy of your personal information. This policy documents our on-going commitment to you and has been developed in compliance with Canada’s privacy laws. It sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This policy is in addition to our online terms and conditions of sale, which govern your access to and use of the Website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting the website you are accepting and consenting to the practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it, subject to certain practices that may require your express consent.
2. Information that we may collect from you
We collect, use and disclose personally identifiable information about you that you volunteer to us by filling out forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise, for one of the purposes described below. This includes information that you provide when you subscribe to receive newsletters, order a product on our Website, or enter a competition, promotion or survey such as:-
- (a) your name;
- (b) mailing address;
- (c) billing address;
- (d) credit card information;
- (e) product details (including sizes);
- (f) e-mail address; and
- (g) telephone number.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may also automatically collect the following information:
- (h) IP and referring Website address;
- (i) browser type and version;
- (j) time zone setting;
- (k) browser plug-in types and versions;
- (l) domain name;
- (m) operating system and platform;
- (n) Website access times;
- (o) information about your visit, including details of the pages that you accessed;
- (p) page response times;
- (q) download errors;
- (r) page interaction information; and
We will not collect personal information indiscriminately but will limit collection of personal information to that which is reasonable and necessary. We will also collect personal information as authorized by law.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized or required by law to do so without consent. Your consent can be express, implied or given through an authorized representative such as a lawyer, agent or broker. Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify us that you do not wish your personal information collected/used/disclosed for various purposes after you have received notice of those purposes) or otherwise.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions, provided that you give us reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent. If you withdraw consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of that withdrawal, which may include our inability to provide certain services for which that information is necessary.
4. How we collect personal information
We collect personally identifiable information about you that you volunteer to us by filling out forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. We may also collect information from third parties without your consent when permitted by law.
Our Website also uses various technologies, including cookies, to collect information from Website users. Cookies are small pieces of electronic information stored on your hard drive. They help us to learn which portions of our Website are most useful to you. This information is collected completely anonymously and does not identify you personally.
You may delete or disable cookies or prevent your device from receiving cookies by amending your browser settings. You will need to go into your web browser’s settings/preference and do this from there. Each browser has different settings to manage these and you may need to read through your browser’s Help section. However, if you do so, this will affect your browsing experience with us, especially when trying to add products to your basket for checkout.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we used them see our Cookies Policy here.
We do not use our Website to knowingly solicit information from or market to minors (under the age of 18 or 19, depending on your jurisdiction of residence). If you are a minor, permission from your parent or guardian will be required to use our Website or online services.
5. Keeping your information secure
We want you to have continuing trust in us and in our products and services and, so, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information. We will take reasonable steps, through contractual or other reasonable means, to ensure that a comparable level of personal information protection is implemented by the suppliers and agents who assist in providing services to us.
We use a Verisign Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt all sensitive information transferred to and from your computer when making an online transaction via our Website. This enables you to have the most secure shopping experience possible and aims to ensures that your private information is not captured by anyone else other than the bank of your choice. We do not keep a copy of any credit card details used when making a purchase.
Unfortunately, no information transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and information exchanged between you and us through our Website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and information may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
6. The purposes for which we collect, hold and disclose your personal information
We collect, use and disclose information that you give to us:-
- (a) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- (b) to help us enhance your online experience;
- (c) to communicate with you about products, services, updates and promotions that you request from us;
- (d) to notify you about changes to our service;
- (e) to provide technical support, quality assurance and assistance;
- (f) to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example, in the case of an acquisition or merger or the change of a supplier of products or services;
- (g) to protect us, yourself and others from fraud and error and to safeguard our business interests;
- (h) to collect debts owed to us;
- (i) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- (j) for other purposes that we may inform you about from time to time.
The collections, uses and disclosures listed above are a reasonably necessary part of your relationship with us. We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information as follows:
- (a) to communicate with you about products, services, updates and promotions which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or where otherwise permitted by law; and to share your personal information with suppliers and third parties so that they may offer their products or services to you.
You may instruct us to refrain from using or sharing your personal information for any of the two purposes described above at any time by providing written notification to our Privacy Officer. We will not refuse you access to any product or service merely because you have instructed us to stop using or sharing your personal information in those ways.
We use information that we automatically collect about you:-
- (a) to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, information analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- (b) to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- (c) as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- (d) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- (e) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- (f) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
7. Disclosure of your information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties and we will obtain your consent to disclose personal information except where authorized or required by law to do so without your consent. We may disclose your personal information to various entities depending on what services you receive from us, for example:
- (a) our related entities, provided the information is needed to provide products or services to you;
- (b) the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products purchased on our Website;
- (c) delivery service providers so that they can deliver products you have ordered from us;
- (d) our professional advisers, including our legal advisors, accountants and auditors;
- (e) other persons, including government and regulatory agencies, as required or authorised by law; and
- (f) organisations that acquire (or propose to acquire) all or a part of our assets or business.
8. Storage of your personal information
9. Your Rights
11. Links to and from other Website
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
12. How to contact us
For access and correction enquiries and complaints, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided below.