1. Our commitment to your privacy
Our website, www.emuaustralia.com (“Website”), and its content are owned and operated by EMU Australia (Europe) Ltd, a company registered in United Kingdom with registered number 06690592 and having its registered office at 5 Grove Court, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicestershire, LE19 1SA.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Website you are accepting and consenting to the practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy is effective as of 25 May 2018.
2. Information that we may collect from you
We collect personally identifiable information about you that you volunteer to us by filling out forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. This includes information that you provide when you subscribe to receive newsletters, order a product on our Website, or enter a competition, promotion or survey such as:-
- (a) your name;
- (b) mailing address;
- (c) billing address;
- (d) credit card information;
- (e) product details (including sizes);
- (f) e-mail address; and
- (g) telephone number.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may also automatically collect the following information:-
- (h) IP and referring Website address;
- (i) browser type and version;
- (j) time zone setting;
- (k) browser plug-in types and versions;
- (l) domain name;
- (m) operating system and platform;
- (n) Website access times;
- (o) information about your visit, including details of the pages that you accessed;
- (p) page response times;
- (q) download errors;
- (r) page interaction information; and
- (s) any phone number used to call our customer service team.
3. How we collect personal information
We collect personally identifiable information about you that you volunteer to us by filling out forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise.
Our Website also uses various technologies, including cookies, to collect information from Website users. Cookies are small pieces of electronic information stored on your device. They help us to learn which portions of our Website are most useful to you.
You may delete or disable cookies or prevent your device from receiving cookies by amending your browser settings. You will need to go into your web browser’s settings/preference and do this from there. Each browser has different settings to manage these and you may need to read through your browser’s Help section. However, if you do so, this will affect your browsing experience with us, especially when trying to add products to your basket for checkout.
You can find more information about our Cookies Policyhere.
We do not use our Website to knowingly solicit information from or market to minors under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, permission from your parent or guardian will be required to use our Website or online services.
4. Keeping your information secure
We want you to have continuing trust in us and in our products and services and, so, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
In the event of a breach of your personal information, we may contact you using email, mail, telephone, the Website, or any other way permitted by law.
5. The purposes for which we process your personal information
We use information that you give us for a variety of legitimate business interests, including:-
- (a) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- (b) to help us enhance your online experience;
- (c) to communicate with you about products, services, updates and promotions that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- (d) to notify you about changes to our service; and
- (e) to provide technical support, quality assurance and assistance.
We use information that we automatically collect about you:-
- (a) to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- (b) to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- (c) as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- (d) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- (e) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- (f) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to various entities depending on what services you receive from us, for example:
- (a) our related entities;
- (b) the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products purchased on our Website;
- (c) service providers that aid us in conducting our business. For example, a delivery service so that they can deliver products you have ordered from us;
- (d) our professional advisers, including our legal advisors, accountants and auditors;
- (e) other persons, including government and regulatory agencies, as required or authorised by law; and
- (f) organisations that acquire (or propose to acquire) all or a part of our assets or business.
- (g) in any other way in which we obtain your prior consent.
7. Storage and transfer of your personal information
We generally keep your personal information for as long as is required for the purpose for which it was collected. If you have a question about the retention period of a specific data type, please contact us using the information in the “Contact us” section below.
8. Your rights
You may have the right to seek access to personal information that we hold about you. In some circumstances it may not be possible to provide you with all of your personal information. Where this is the case, we will tell you why. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate you may also be able to request that we correct it.
You may have the right to request that we “forget” you, meaning that we erase certain personal information we have about you. In some cases, we won’t be able to delete all your information. These cases included when we are required or allowed by law to retain it, or when the information is stored on back-up media that is impracticable to erase.
When you make a request for one of the above, we may need to take measures to verify your identity. Requests may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet out costs in providing you with the information that we hold about you. We will inform you for the current costs when you contact us about obtaining access. Requests should be directed to us using the “Contact us” information.
10. Links to and from other Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links or functionality to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, social media, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. How to contact us
For access and correction enquiries and complaints, please contact our Customer Service team firstname.lastname@example.org