1. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Our website, www.emuaustralia.com (“Website”), and its content are owned and operated by [EMU (Aust) Pty Ltd (“EMU”)], a company registered in Australia with registered ACN 612 618 792 and having its business office at 72 Barwon Terrace, South Geelong, Victoria, 3220.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Website you are accepting and consenting to the practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. Information that we may collect from you
We collect personally identifiable information about you that you volunteer to us by filling out forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. This includes information that you provide when you subscribe to receive newsletters, order a product on our Website, or enter a competition, promotion or survey such as:-
- (a) your name;
- (b) mailing address;
- (c) billing address;
- (d) credit card information;
- (e) product details (including sizes);
- (f) e-mail address; and
- (g) telephone number.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may also automatically collect the following information:-
- (h) IP and referring Website address;
- (i) browser type and version;
- (j) time zone setting;
- (k) browser plug-in types and versions;
- (l) domain name;
- (m) operating system and platform;
- (n) Website access times;
- (o) information about your visit, including details of the pages that you accessed;
- (p) page response times;
- (q) download errors;
- (r) page interaction information; and
- (s) any phone number used to call our customer service team.
3. How we collect personal information
We collect personally identifiable information about you that you volunteer to us by filling out forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise.
Our Website also uses various technologies, including cookies, to collect information from Website users. Cookies are small pieces of electronic information stored on your hard drive. They help us to learn which portions of our Website are most useful to you. This data is collected completely anonymously and does not identify you personally.
You may delete or disable cookies or prevent your device from receiving cookies by amending your browser settings. You will need to go into your web browser’s settings/preference and do this from there. Each browser has different settings to manage these and you may need to read through your browser’s Help section. However, if you do so, this will affect your browsing experience with us, especially when trying to add products to your basket for checkout.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we used them see our cookies-policy here.
We do not use our Website to knowingly solicit information from or market to minors under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, permission from your parent or guardian will be required to use our Website or online services.
4. Keeping your information secure
We want you to have continuing trust in us and in our products and services, so, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information.
We use a Verisign Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt all sensitive data transferred to and from your computer when making an online transaction via our Website. This enables you to have the most secure shopping experience possible and aims to ensure that your private data is not captured by anyone else other than the bank of your choice. We do not keep a copy of any credit card details used when making a purchase.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
5. The purposes for which we collect, hold and disclose your personal information
5.1 We use information that you give to us:-
- (a) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- (b) to help us enhance your online experience;
- (c) to communicate with you about products, services, updates and promotions that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- (d) to notify you about changes to our service; and
- (e) to provide technical support, quality assurance and assistance.
5.2 We use information that we automatically collect about you:-
- (a) to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- (b) to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- (c) as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- (d) [to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;]
- (e) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- (f) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to various entities depending on what services you receive from us, for example:
- (a) our related entities;
- (b) the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products purchased on our Website;
- (c) delivery service providers so that they can deliver products you have ordered from us;
- (d) our professional advisers, including our legal advisors, accountants and auditors;
- (e) other persons, including government and regulatory agencies, as required or authorised by law; and
- (f) organisations that acquire (or propose to acquire) all or a part of our assets or business.
7. Storage of your personal information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the country in which you reside.
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the country in which you reside who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
8. Your Rights
You also have all rights bestowed on you pursuant to Australian Privacy Principles contained in Schedule 1 of thePrivacy Act 1988(Cth).
10. Links to and from other Website
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. You should check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
13. How to contact us
For access and correction enquiries and complaints, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided below.